NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
SALES ASSISTANT - NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Hardwood Ventures is the UK's only bricks & mortar specialist basketball store. We pride ourselves on our extensive knowledge of the sport, and on our exceptionally friendly in-store customer experience.
We have the opportunity for a sales assistant at our store in Newcastle upon Tyne, starting early September. We will be considering either 2 part time positions, or 1 full time position, depending on applications received.
You will be the crucial first point of contact for all customers who visit the store, and you will be required to provide excellent customer service, through personal interaction with each customer and being able to easily discuss various aspects of basketball, including the technical aspects of our products and current news and trends in the sport.
- To deliver excellent customer service in the store.
- To provide excellent product knowledge and specialist advice.
- To fully engage with every customer and develop an understanding of their needs, so that you can offer the best advice and product recommendations possible.
- To maximise sales and awareness of what Hardwood Ventures stands for as a brand.
- To cultivate new customer relationships, and to strengthen existing ones.
- To demonstrate a passion for basketball and a technical understanding of basketball products in relation to the requirements of the sport.
- To handle payment transactions accurately and with care.
- To maintain high levels of cleanliness and high standards of display in the store.
- To adhere to all company policies and maintain expected standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Experience of sales and customer service rolls.
- A genuine interest in retail and sales.
- You must be a 'people person' who is keen to talk to customers, and finds it easy to develop a rapport with new people.
- Excellent communication skills - confidence in answering questions, thinking on your feet and offering specialist advice.
- You must be self-motivated and committed to improving the in-store customer experience.
- You must have a genuine interest in the Hardwood Ventures brand and have a willingness to represent the brand properly.
- Knowledge of basketball is required - as a specialist store you will need to be able to understand the requirements of basketball players and be able to discuss current happenings or trends, particularly from the NBA. Training on technical aspects of products will be provided.
- You must get on well as part of a team, and be willing to help out with reasonable demands to go above and beyond your central role of sales assistant.
Employment type: Full and Part Time will be considered (max. of 37.5 available per week, over Monday to Friday only).
End date for applications: 23/8/17
HOW TO APPLY
You must send you C.V. AND A COVER LETTER.
Your cover letter must let us a know more about you, and explain why you are suited to the role of a retail sales assistant, based on the requirements that we have set out above.
Ways to give us your C.V. and cover letter:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Hardwood Ventures, 4 - 6 High Bridge Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1EN
- In person - at the above address
CLOSING DATE - 23/8/17