Oklahoma City Thunder Drops Images of New Nike NBA Jerseys July 27, 2017 15:15
The Oklahoma City Thunder have released images of their new Nike NBA jerseys and shorts, showing what their Icon and Association uniforms will look like for the 2017/18 NBA season.
As the Thunder approach their 10th year in the NBA, they've chosen to keep a consistent design with their uniforms, but with the new Nike - NBA partnership, a lot has changed at a material level for the kits.
The major differences that you will find with the new Nike NBA kits are:
- Modified cuts at the back shoulder and at the hemline of the shorts, allowing for greater range of motion
- Altered seams at the armhole, neck and side to eliminate distractions and irritation
- Materials that wick sweat 30 percent faster than previous NBA uniforms
- Fabric comprised of Alpha Yarns and recycled polyester; each uniform represents approximately 20 recycled PET bottles
- The addition of the Nike logo on the front of the jersey and shorts
- A new design element at the belt buckle to highlight team identity
The Nike Association NBA jerseys are what would have been known previously as the 'home' jersey, and the 'road' jerseys will now be called the Icon jersey. A new feature for next season is that the home team will get to pick which uniform they would like to wear on their home court, with the opposing team then having to wear the contrasting kit from their own rotation of uniforms.
The new Nike NBA kits will be available right here at Hardwood Ventures this autumn, including the Oklahoma City Thunder game uniforms.