It's NBA Green Week Folks April 09, 2012 13:31
NBA Green Week has been in full swing over the Easter weekend, with NBA teams, players and fans showing a bit of love to the environment. NBA Green Week started on the 4th April, and will run through until Wednesday. During this time, the NBA has partnered with the Natural Resources Defence Council (NRDC) for the third annual installment of NBA Green Week, wherein the aim of the game is to generate awareness and funds to help protect the environment.
Throughout the week there have been activities to promote greener lifestyles and player-led green initiatives to get more people into the habit of things like recycling and choosing to cycle, rather than take the car. Programs have included:
- The Chicago Bulls encouraging fans to join the United Center's recycling program.
- The Cleveland Cavaliers have teamed up with Soles4Soles to collect and recycle old shoes.
- The Dallas Mavericks are hosting their 4th E-Cycling Drive.
- TheGolden State Warriors hosted a Green Mob BART Giveaway to encourage fans onto public transport.
- The New Orleans Hornets have been planting trees in the Wetlands Project.
- The Phoenix Suns have been working on a solar energy project.
- The Portland Trail Blazers have unveiled the largest publically available electric vehicle charging site.